Choose one of three ways to get started with Scala!
~ or ~
~ or ~
Release NotesFor important changes, please consult the release notes.
Software RequirementsThe Scala software distribution can be installed on any platform with a Java runtime, version 1.6 or later.
You can find the installer download links for other operating systems, as well as documentation and source code archives for Scala 2.11.7 below.
|scala-2.11.7.tgz||Mac OS X, Unix, Cygwin||25.87M|
|scala-2.11.7.msi||Windows (msi installer)||107.88M|
Additional informationYou can find the links to prior versions or the latest development version below. To see a detailed list of changes for each version of Scala please refer to the changelog. Note that the different major releases of Scala (e.g. Scala 2.9.3 and Scala 2.10.1) are not binary compatible.
- Last 2.9.x maintenance release - Scala 2.9.3
- Last 2.10.x maintenance release - Scala 2.10.5
- Current 2.11.x release - Scala 2.11.7
- Current 2.12.x milestone release - Scala 2.12.0-M2
- Nightly builds
- All previous Scala Releases